Thursday, October 23, 2008

If Tomorrow Were to Come

If tomorrow were to come, but without my soul because it had become one with the souls that had passed quietly in the night

If morning were to break without my laughter because the Lord did take back to the heavens what was rightfully his

Would you regret the words that were unsaid, all the moments left unshared the time took for granted when I was here

Would you wish we could have spent just one more moment before my spirit’s ascent to a place in the future I hope we will one day meet

If tomorrow should arrive without the opening of my eyes because another day is promised to no one

I want there to be no regrets, no feelings left unexpressed

No one left wondering about what was really felt

Even if every day I don’t say I love you, don’t think it makes it any less true because in my heart I am saying it every second of every day

No comments: